Hydraulic yaw systems can be delivered as stand-alone systems or as an integrated part of the power unit used for pitch/brake. A hydraulic yaw system offers advantages over traditional systems, thus being very powerful but still gentle to the yaw gears/ring:
- Full torque on yaw drives are available from standstill
- Torque is evenly distributed between yaw drives in all working conditions, also at start-up
- Yaw drives dimensions are not dictated by the brake-down torque of the electric motor.
Hydraulic brake systems can be delivered as stand-alone systems or as an integrated part of the power unit used for pitch/yaw. Hydraulic brake systems can be delivered:
- As single or double string systems
- For high/low temperature, or in combination
- With customised operational characteristics.